There are three types of Test Takers that a Test Champion and/or Test Supervisor will encounter when getting set up for the first day of testing. This article will outline how to collect consents for each type of Test Taker:
For Test Takers under the age of 18 (U-18):
A Test Champion will need to take two steps to collect consents for Test Takers under the age of 18.
- Distribute this link: (https://testcenter.concentricbyginkgo.com/minor-consent). This enables families to provide consent on behalf of their child.
- Provide an access code to families to associate the Test Taker with your organization. This access code matches the under 18 Test Taker to the correct organization. Need help setting up your access code? Read more here.
When the family has both the link and the access code, the link will direct them to consent their minor on the Concentric website. The family will then enter the child’s information and follow the prompts on the screens. The process should take a family approximately 3-5 mins to complete. Families will not have access to an online account.
Our family-facing article can be found here: How do I provide consent for a child?
For Test Takers over the age of 18 (O-18):
A Test Champion will need to take two steps to collect consents for Test Takers over the age of 18.
- Distribute this link: (https://testcenter.concentricbyginkgo.com/invite-by-code). This enables an over-18 Test Taker to create an account and provide consent.
- NOTE: This link is different from the U-18 link.
- Provide an access code to the Test Taker to associate the individual with your organization. This access code is the same access code as the U-18 code. Need help setting up your access code? Read more here.
- NOTE: This access code is the same access code as the U-18 code.
Test Takers that are O-18 may create a personal account on our website. Test Champions will need to provide the Test Taker with the access code to create their account. When creating a personal account, the website will ask them to provide individual consent.
What if we need to use offline consents?:
If there is a scenario where offline consents are preferred, please refer to this article.
How will I know if my Test Takers are consented?
When a Test Taker completes the online consent process, this automatically adds the Test Taker onto the website. Test Champions should ensure that a Test Taker has consent completed by checking that the "Profile Status" is "Complete" on the Test Taker screen under Account Information.
Parent/Guardian Portal Resources
Attached below are email templates and FAQs design to support Test Champions as they communicate the new feature to their communities.