This article outlines the tips and tricks for running a successful testing day.
Make sure your consents have been collected. This is a crucial part of your first test day! Read more about gathering consents here.
Sample Collection & Registering Tests
- Label individual tubes LEGIBLY (with first name, last name, and DOB) and Press labels firmly onto the tubes to ensure they don’t fall off in transit or get stuck to other tubes.
- Register ALL TESTS on the portal - both pooled tests and individual tests.
- Collect pools and individual tubes at the same time in one day. Do not collect a pool over multiple days.
- The number of INDIVIDUAL SAMPLE TUBES must match the number of SWABS IN THE POOLED SAMPLE TUBE.
Be sure to pack the pooled tubes and individual tubes as indicated in the Collection Instructions. Some reminders:
- Do NOT put multiple pools in the same box. Only 1 pool and its corresponding individual samples can go in a box. So if you have 3 pools, you need 3 boxes.
- DO NOT put the tubes directly into the box. Please use the corresponding biohazard bags (1 for the pooled tube and 1 for the individual tubes). The tubes must go into the bags and then into the box.
- Try to ship on the same day as the sample collection.