Test Supervisors can now create, save, and prepare scanned tubes for pool groups - before Test Day using the new “Save Pool Groups” tab. Once created, these pools will save from week to week and save valuable time on Test Days. Nothing done here in the "Save Pool Groups" tab will affect tests already registered.
Set Up Kits and Portal
Refer to the Double Collection Instructions to complete steps 1 and 2 ("Unbox & Prep Kits" and "Prepare for Sample Collection"). After saving pool groups, make sure all testing supplies are organized for a smooth Test Day.
Pre-Build Pool Groups
Test Supervisors can create and save pool groups before Test Day. These pools will save from week to week.
To save pool groups:
- From your Supervisor view, navigate to the “Save Pool Groups” Tab, and select “Create a Pool Group”.
Enter a Pool Name of your choosing - something easy to remember or that follows a standard your organization has set.
Add Test Takers to your pool.
- Type a Test Taker’s name into the field under “Add a New Test Taker”.
- Click “Add to pool”.
- Click “Save”.
When you have added all desired Test Takers, click “Save”.
You’re all set for Test Day! Now, when Test Supervisors register tests in “Register Pooled Tubes”, the pre-built pools - complete with barcodes - will be saved ahead of time. For more on registering pools into the portal, read our article here.
Modify Saved Pool Groups
Add/Remove Consented Test Takers Before Test Day
Use this function to remove Test Takers from a pool for more than one Test Day, for example, if they have tested positive recently.
- From your Supervisor view, navigate to the “Save Pool Groups” tab.
- Type the name of the pool you want to modify into the search bar. Click the “Edit” pen to the right of the corresponding pool name.
- To remove a Test Taker from the pool, select “Remove” next to the corresponding Test Taker.
- To add a consented Test Taker, type the name into the field under “Add a New Test Taker”, click “Add to pool”, and click “Save”.
- To add or remove a Test Taker from one specific Test Day, refer to On Test Day: Add/Remove Consented Test Takers.